Saturday, August 23, 2008

Annual Redneck Night

Cody's side of the family has decided to begin a new tradition. Annual Red Neck Night. Sounds like a good ol' time doesn't it! Well, it really is. The Utah County Fair was held in Spanish Fork this year and they had their first ever demolition derby. It was a blast! The cars were loud! (probably too loud for poor Beck). The wreck's were humongous and the flying dirt clods were dangerous. Trust me on that last one, I know from experience. Some time during the third round of demo, a car got stuck right in front of us and being on the second row, we were sitting in the danger zone. A compacted dirt clod about the size of a plum flew up and hit me square in the eye. It hurt like the dickens! Beck got hit too poor guy. I think he handled it better than I did though. The next day I had a cute little black eye. Pretty funny thinking back on it now. We had a great time and it was fun to hang out with family. Next year though, I'm sitting on the top row for sure.

















White Trash Never Looked SOOO Good!



















Jennica, Cambelle & Bailey


















Doing The Chicken Dance


















Troy & Grandpa Sampson
















Hanging Out With Family

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun night. Let's get together and play some more. We don't do it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanx for the heads up about flying dirt clods. My brother-in-law just won his first demolition derby in Nephi a few months ago. I haven't gone, but my husband has taken the kids. I'll make to sure to tell him to sit far back. Ha Ha

    You have such a beautiful family. I'm mom of five, four boys and a girl. It's the best. I feel so privealaged to be on Heavenly Father's errand, to be a mother in Zion. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete