Monday, October 6, 2008

Welcome Fall!

It's finally here, FALL! This is my favorite time of the year. I thought that most people loved spring or summer, but asking around, Fall seems to be just about everyone's favorite. I love when the leaves change but most of all I love the smell. Fall just smells so good. It just doesn't get any better than this.




We have a family tradition that Cody and I started when we were first married and that is to go on a fall hike. Cambelle has changed the name to "The Leaf Hunt". We used to go up by Sundance in Provo canyon, but now that we live in Payson we decided to go a little closer to home. We all piled in the 1976 International Scout and drove up the canyon. The colors were amazing. Beck slept the whole way and Cambelle talked the entire time (not uncommon for either of them).







































































Cody had gone on a hike the week prior with the YM/YW to the Grotto and said it was something Cambelle would love, so that is where we set out for. The grotto is an easy little trail. You get to cross the stream about 6 or 7 different times and then you finally make it to the waterfall. In spring the water fall and pond is huge, but not quite as big in fall. It was still beautfiul. Cody and Cambelle deciced to do the rest of the hike to the top of the waterfall while Beck and I stayed down at the bottom. Much too steep of a hike for mom and baby. All in all it was a perfect time.

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to that spot. It is breathtaking. You'll have to take us there sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sampsons! I came across your blog through Laura's, hope you don't mind if I say hi. I can't believe how big Campbell is getting! Congratulations on the new addition. He's adorable.

    ReplyDelete