Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools!

I love and hate April Fool's Day. I love to play the jokes and tricks on other people, but hate being the one to be duped. This year I got Cambelle. I told her I had made her a really special breakfast. She was so excited. I brought over her plate and drink and set them in front of her. When she opened her eyes to see this she was like " umm ... thanks?" " Mom, this is dinner."







I called out "April Fools" and she giggled and thought it was funny. It gets even better. She grabs a spoon to actually eat her dinner/breakfast. The food is not what it appears to be. The "veggies" are made from tootsie rolls that I shaped to look like real peas, carrots and corn. And the fish sticks are vanilla wafer cookies covered in peanut butter and dipped in crushed corn flakes. Her drink of Kool-aid was actually Jell-o too. When she popped a spoonful of "veggies" in her mouth and the taste was completely off she spit them all back out onto her plate and yelled " Mom what is this?" Beck scoops up his "veggies" and immediately shouts out "Nandy" (his word for candy). She hurried and grabbed the "fish stick" and bit in and couldn't stop laughing when she figured out that her breakfast was all messed up and that she was getting cookies, candy and jello for breakfast.
I think Becks confused face when I gave hime dinner for breakfast is my favorite. Even a 2 year old knows this is not breakfast food.
Too funny.
What shall I do next year ?...






1 comment:

  1. I had to go back and look at the picture again, you did a great job on your dinner! LOVE THIS!

    ReplyDelete