Monday, September 21, 2009

Evil Humidifiers

Thursday morning as I was getting Cambelle ready for school, Beck came out of his bedroom screaming and crying. I wasn't too concerned, that's how he usually comes out in the mornings. But he kept rubbing his hands on his legs. I asked him if he had "Owwies" because the day before he had gotten his immunizations. He just kept on crying for about 40 minutes. A bottle finally calmed him down and that was that. Well, later in the day as I was getting Beck ready I noticed that the humidifier in his room was unplugged. I don't remember unplugging that I thought to myself. So I looked at Beck and asked him if he had touched it. He looked at me very innocently and said "no, no" while shaking his finger at the humidifier. I told him "We don't touch!" and he replied "Owwies". Thats right good boy. Well around lunch time my Mom picks Beck up and notices his hand. It looks something like this...








Now everything starts fitting together in my head. The crying, rubbing of the hands, the unplugged humidifier. Apparently Beck put his hand against the steam coming out of the humidifer and got a good second degree burn on his finger. The blister popped later that day, on my sisters pants, but now his finger is raw and sore. Poor guy. I swear his curiosity is going to get him in some serious trouble one day. Oh, wait it already did.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy. That looks like it hurts bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is so sad! I didn't realize the steam could get so hot!

    ReplyDelete